National Alpaca Farm Days is coming up on September 29th and 30th. It’s a great opportunity to visit alpaca farms and ranches and meet these wonderful animals in person and learn more about where this gorgeous fiber comes from.
To gear up for this exciting event, we thought we’d share a little bit about what makes alpaca yarn so special.
- Alpaca fiber was once reserved for royalty
- It so soft, it is often compared to cashmere
- It has the luster of silk
- Alpaca fiber is as warm as wool, but 1/3 the weight
- It is also naturally hypoallergenic (and many people who are sensitive to wool can wear alpaca fiber without irritation or itching)
To find a participating farm or ranch in your area, visit www.NationalAlpacaFarmDays.com.